Pallet Flow Racking:
Pallets are loaded into a storage lane from the loading aisle and flow downward on rollers towards the pickup aisle. When the pallet reaches the bottom, it is held by a pallet stop. As a pallet is unloaded from the bottom of the rack system, the next pallet flows down into place. Pallet speed is controlled by the rollers and brakes.
Pallet Flow Advantages:
- FIFO (First-In-First-Out)
- High Storage Density (25+ Pallets Deep)
- Efficient Picking and Unloading
- Immediate Access to Product
Pallet Flow Disadvantages:
- High Capital Investment
- Requires Good Pallet Quality
- High Maintenance Requirements
- Limited SKU and Selectivity
Pallet Flow Applications:
Carton Flow Pallet Racking Solutions
Carton Flow Racking:
In addition to pallet flow racking systems, Advance offers carton flow racking. Carton flow storage racks are used for low volume case picking and for high volume split case picking. Cartons are loaded individually at the back side of the rack system and flow to the front (FIFO – First-In-First-Out).