Store 2 pallet positions from a single aisle (4 pallets back to back) with the Double Deep Selective Pallet Rack. The rear pallet is accessed with a special fork truck with a pantograph extender. The Double Deep Reach warehouse racking system provides high-density storage at a lower initial capital cost when compared with other high-density storage systems.
Research the features of the Double Deep Reach pallet rack system to determine if it is the right industrial storage system for your application. Weigh the advantages and disadvantages of this racking system below.
- 50% increase in storage density when compared with selective rack
- Low initial capital investment
- Fewer aisles than single selective
- Reduced aisle widths
- Faster pallet handling time
- Reduced pallet damage
- LIFO - Last In First Out
- Lower productivity when reaching for rear pallet
- Lower storage density due to wider bays and aisles
- Loads cannot be moved in pairs when removed from rack
- Poor visibility of loads in rear position