Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Prepare technical drawings, engineering calculations, design guidelines and specifications, estimate projects, enter product orders, perform structural calculations and engineering design work, and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication. Assist manufacturing, sales and customer service. Conduct occasional project site visits, new product developments and product testings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assit with estimating of projects from start to finish (from doing take-offs to running structural analysis, getting outside quotes, hardware, freight an dinstallation quotes.).
- Engineering of structural racking and structural components.
- Design new products and custom parts and participate in new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist with manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting, manuals development, documentation creation and testing activities for rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes and/or customer requirements.
- Prepare bill of materials and specifications for projects, products, materials and/or equipment.
- Support project design and production efforts to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design to market speed, lean product development, value engineering and innovative designs.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru’s and to assist with sales calls.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- BSc. degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university. Professional Engineer (PE) strongly desired.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- Experience successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong system analysis, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated and well organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, provide excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies, quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiar with FEA and other structural analysis and design software.
- Efficient in AutoCAD and able to turn full project drawing sets over to cities for approval and permits. Includes cover sheets, plan views, elevation views, detail sheets and bill of materials.
- Knowledge of Excel, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000 or Visual Analysis is preferred.
Advance Storage Products offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and paid vacation time. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance Storage Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.