Location: Huntington Beach, CA or Remote
Advance Storage Products is seeking a self-starting project manager to join our team! The Project Manager will hold primary responsibility for ensuring that projects are managed efficiently and effectively, including managing schedule, budget, safety, and quality and customer satisfaction. The Project Manager will oversee the project from kick-off until final walk-thru and sign-off with the customer (including final payments). The primary goal is to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget, while meeting all of our customers’ expectations. He/She will collaborate with Sales, Sales Admins, Engineering, Accounting and the Operations teams as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure proper hand-off from Estimator, and ability to fully understand the scope and specifications of project
- Review and complete all required documents to define the project (site conditions, financials, permitting and licenses, special requirements)
- Conduct project kickoff meeting with Advance team within 2 days of the order being awarded. Take notes, record action items and follow up
- Establish the Installation Schedule for the project. Coordinate with the plant and the customer. Maintain the installation schedule in CSI
- Place Buyout Purchase Orders for materials Advance is buying from our vendors. Coordinate delivery and installation
- Visit the site as required, including a job startup and subsequent visits every 2 weeks while the installation is progressing. Monitor material flow, installer progress and installation quality
- Complete final walk through and sign-off with customer
- Maintain Project Budget. Manage scope changes with Change Orders, and open Customer Care Orders (W orders) as needed
- Complete progress reports to Director of Project Management weekly, and provide other project data as required
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Project Management
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Secondary education a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in a project management. Experience in the rack industry a plus
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the material handling industry
- Project Management PMP Certification a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and with other departments within the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Email, and basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%
Advance Storage Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com.
**No agencies, please**