Advance is looking for a Welding Jig Builder to support operations in our Salt Lake City, UT Manufacturing Plant.
This position assembles a variety of standard and non-standard major jigs, fixtures, and related tooling. Ensures jigs function appropriately with complex angles or contours. Responsible for determining methods and sequence of operations and scheduling work to be performed from shop tool drawings. Responsible for the maintenance of jigs. Ensures all safety requirements are met, and works closely with co-workers to encourage continuous improvements and lean practices.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify jigs
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on worktable
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power tools
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
- Inspect finished jigs for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specification
- Conduct test runs with completed jigs to ensure that parts meet specifications and makes adjustments as needed
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in a related filed or relevant certification in Welding preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years’ experience in related working industry
- Ability to read tape measure
- Ability to read prints
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with metal fabrication
- Working knowledge of safety principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail and ability to resolve problems quickly
- Ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts in a positive manner
- Good math skills including fractions and angles
- Ability to read blueprint drawings
REQUIRED INTERNAL TRAINING:
New Hire Orientation/On-boarding Training
The work environment characteristics and associated physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**