Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Perform structural analysis and design, design guidelines, specifications, estimates, product orders and release products to manufacturing for fabrication. Assist manufacturing, sales and customer service. Occasional project site visits, new product development and product testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design structural rack systems, rack-supported buildings and structural components based on design loads, codes and standards.
- Utilize structural design software and tools and follow design guidelines and building code requirements to achieve safe and optimum designs.
- Provide preliminary design support for estimates and prepare full engineering calculations.
- Efficient in AutoCAD and able to turn full project drawing sets.
- Assist in estimating projects for sales teams from start to finish: performing quantity take-offs, running structural analysis, outside quotes, hardware, freight and installation quotes.
- Design new products and custom parts, new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist in manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, manuals, documentation, and/or testing activities of rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes and/or customer requirements.
- Support project design and production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design-to-market speed, lean product development, value engineering and innovative designs.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru and assist with sales calls.
- Knowledge of Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000 or Visual Analysis is preferred.
- Ability to properly model, design, analyze and interpret results for both static and dynamic loading in the design of rack components, buildings, non-building structures and foundation systems by applying value engineering principles.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- BS. degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university. MS degree is preferred. Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong system analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and well-organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and/or have strong teamwork skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Inventor knowledge and experience.
- Familiar with FEA and other structural analysis and design software.
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**