Structural Design Engineer:
Advance is looking for a Structural Design Engineer to work out of our Salt Lake City, UT location or remote. This position will perform structural design calculations, engineering calculations, design guidelines, specifications, estimate projects, enter product orders, and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication. This position will provide assistance to manufacturing, sales and customer service. Occasional project site visits, new product development, and product testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and evaluate structural rack systems and structural components based on design loads, ensuring compliance with relevant codes and safety standards.
- Perform structural analysis and load calculations for new and existing rack designs.
- Utilize structural design software and tools and follow design guidelines and building code requirements to achieve safe and optimum designs.
- Provide prelims and prepare full engineering calculations
- Conduct site visits and structural inspections as needed, providing technical support for installation and maintenance.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Design new products and custom parts, involve new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist in manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, manuals, documentation, or testing activities of rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Support project design and production efforts to ensure projects are completed on time and within the established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design to market speed, lean product development, value engineering, and innovative designs.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related engineering field from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is not required but a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in structural engineering, preferably in rack manufacturing or steel design
- Proficiency in structural analysis software (ideally RISA 3D)
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, materials, and structural analysis techniques.
- Experience in successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and/or have strong teamwork skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Inventor knowledge and experience
Advance Storage Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**