Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Design and develop system layouts, schematics, controls, controls devices and power distribution systems for automated industrial material handling apparatus.
- Modification, customization and optimization of such warehouse storage systems based on customers’ wishes and project scopes.
- Interface directly with customers, vendors, peer engineers, software engineering team, architects, installers and management.
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of control systems architecture, including software, hardware, instrumentation and other equipment.
- Exhibit a continual commitment to safety, understand risks, keep up on safety training, report / document incidents as required.
- Adapt to changing priorities while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Write functional requirement specifications, including safety standards, interlocks and alarms, based on expected functionality.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, process checks and progress reviews; update as needed.
- Take responsibility for personal development and continued education; accept and utilize coaching and mentoring from above, provide the same for greener team members.
- Take a lead role in project progress and decision making, especially with less-senior employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical / controls engineering or related technical field.• 8+ years engineering design experience, preferably in material handling / industrial automation.
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley controls and drives.
- Experience working with safety control devices such as scanners, light curtains, etc.
- Fluid in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Sharepoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment while demonstrating leadership abilities.
- Deep understanding of PLC & HMI platforms as well as other programming languages.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of ‘control philosophy’ and methodology.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Professionalism and a strong business acumen will be a plus.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 40%).
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**