Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Prepare technical drawings, engineering calculations, design guidelines and specifications, estimate projects, enter product orders, perform structural calculations, engineering design work, and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication. Provide assistance to manufacturing, sales and customer service. Occasional project site visits, new product development, and product testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficient in AutoCAD and to be able to turn full project drawing sets over to cities for approval and permits. Includes cover sheets, plan views, elevation views, detail sheets, and bill of materials.
- Assist in estimating projects for sales teams from start to finish. This includes doing take-offs, running structural analysis, getting quotes from outside vendors, and checking hardware sizes and quantities.
- Engineer structural racking systems and structural components.
- Review and edit documents for quality control using Bluebeam Revu and ADOBE Acrobat software.
- Design new products and custom parts, involve with new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist in manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, manuals, documentation, or testing activities of rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Prepare bill of materials and specifications for projects, products, and materials or equipment.
- Support project design and production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design to market speed, lean product development, value engineering, and innovative designs.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru, and assist with sales calls.
- Knowledge of Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000, or Visual Analysis is preferred.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- BSc. degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university. EIT is preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong system analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and well organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and/or have strong teamwork skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Inventor knowledge and experience.
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**