Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Position Summary: Prepare technical drawings, engineering calculations, design guidelines, and specifications, estimate projects, enter product orders, perform structural calculations, engineering design work, and release projects to manufacturing for fabrication. Provide assistance to manufacturing, sales and customer service. Occasional project site visits, new product development, and product testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficient in AutoCAD and to be able to turn full project drawing sets over to cities for approval and permits. Includes cover sheets, plan views, elevation views, detail sheets, and bill of materials.
- Assist in estimating projects for sales teams from start to finish. From doing take-offs to running structural analysis, getting outside quotes, hardware, freight and installation quotes.
- Engineer structural racking as well as engineering structural components.
- Design new products and custom parts, involved with new product development and engineering initiatives.
- Assist in manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, manuals, documentation, or testing activities of rack systems to ensure compliance with design specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Prepare bill of materials and specifications for projects, products, and materials or equipment.
- Support project design and production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within established budget.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for design to market speed, lean product development, value engineering, and innovative designs.
- Visit job sites for measurements, inspections, installer walk-thru, and assist with sales calls.
- Knowledge of Excel, AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, RISA, SAP2000, or Visual Analysis is preferred.
- Perform other miscellaneous engineering duties as required and assigned by management.
- BSc. degree in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field of study from an accredited college/university. EIT or PE is preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in product design and manufacturing.
- Experience in successfully working and interacting with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other stakeholders at multi-levels of responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong system analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Innovative, self-motivated, and well organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills in a team environment are required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and/or have strong teamwork skills.
- AutoCAD and/or Inventor knowledge and experience.
- Familiar with FEA, and other structural analysis and design software.
Advance Storage Products offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and paid vacation time. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance Storage Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.