Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Essential Job Functions:
- Strong floor presence – On shop floor 50-70% of workday during initial period, less as shop matures. Drive daily schedule attainment and efficiency using “pitch” boards. Monitor machine shop, welding and painting departments for safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure projects are producing and shipping on-time.
- Full P&L responsibility of plant spending on labor hours, overtime, consumables, maintenance and repairs. Goal of breakeven or better performance to plan.
- Direct Reports (all staff involved with plant operations):
- Plant supervisors (cell leaders)
- Shop scheduler/Shipping Manager
- Office manager/HR
- Plant Accountant
- Plant engineering/IE/Quality
- Maintain acceptable levels of quality, delivery and cost/profitability including the following:
- 100% Direct Labor Efficiency
- 100% On Time Delivery, (Complete schedule each week.)
- Scrap <5%
- Tight integration with sales and engineering
- Responsible for communications and service provided to sales department. We want sales to “rave” about the great service from Utah.
- Work hand in hand with engineering on new product development, costing and product release.
- Embrace lean manufacturing practices including:
- Hourly production measurements.
- Systematic reduction and elimination of waste thru front-line ideas.
- 5S Housekeeping
- Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations. Execute approved projects on budget and schedule. Oversee/execute all capital improvement projects.
- Develop and maintain effective QC program.
- Make hire and fire decisions responsibly.
- Maintain safe working environment. Drive safety improvement thru safety culture.
- Develop and document all plant processes and procedures.
- Maintain OSHA and other regulatory agency compliance.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- BS in business or engineering field preferred.
- 5-10 years of Operations management experience required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement preferred.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Who We Are
Advance Storage Products is the country’s leading manufacturer of pushback systems, producing over 50% of systems sold in the US! We started in the material handling industry in 1958 and our LoPro system is the recognized “gold” standard. Our products are used in major installations for many Fortune 500 companies and our tradition of innovation continues as we provide cost effective solutions for all types of racking and pushback projects anywhere in the country as well as internationally.
Our Mission is to provide our customers with the finest quality racking solutions, products and services by being proactive, adaptable and exceeding expectations with every project.
At Advance Storage Products, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO DPIETREFACE@ASPRACK.COM**