INDUSTRIAL / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER:
Advance is looking for an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer to support operations in our Cedartown, GA Manufacturing Plant. The Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer will support Quality Control (QC) initiatives and audit activity to ensure procedures and standards are adhered to and products meet customer specifications.
This position will support efficient manufacturing systems and standards of operations and work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Plant Management to provide industrial engineering support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support acting as liaison between Production, Quality, Scheduling, and other stake holders to ensure all KPI and customer needs are met.
- Demonstrate and promote safe practices throughout the Plant.
- Support Lean activities through Kaizen Projects, A3 Problem Solving and Fishbone Analysis.
- Monitor, develop and maintain all Plant metrics by utilizing industry standard 6S tools.
- Designed and develop support equipment for all production activities.
- Quantify manufacturing improvements in efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends in preparation of product and process reports.
- Calculate production, labor and material costs to provide data for better decision-making.
- Develop equipment requirements, research testing methods and guide equipment vendors.
- Develop and maintain processes and methods to ensure quality standards are met.
- Identify and develop Root Cause & Correction Action Methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Develop, implement and sustain standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation utilizing engineering knowledge and practices.
- Devise, establish and evaluate procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Determine root cause of quality issues and implement timely, effective and efficient solutions.
- Provide active support of plant Lean and problem-solving activities
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Practical and analytical engineering knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in Lean/Kaizen Methodologies
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative with emphasis on working independently
- High level skills in working effectively within a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer Aided Design Skills – Solidworks/Inventor/AutoCAD
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Computer literacy including MS Teams, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering from ABET accredited university or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION: Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on high volume metal fabrication, welding, painting, and related processes
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics and associated physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Prolonged periods of working/standing in shop area
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas in the facility and access all machinery
- Limited travel (15%) may be required for engineering support, professional development, and training.
Advance Storage Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**