Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: President
We are looking for a PLC expert who is also a people person… The ideal candidate will have extensive material handling automation experience and enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. Do you have it all? We need the best of the best to add to our team and lead our controls and software group.
- Manage PLC aspects of highly advanced autonomous mobile robotic vehicle solution for storage and transport of pallets.
- Head software development and implementation teams in PLC and C#/.NET environments working with automated systems.
- Collaborate with sales team, customers, programmers, and project management to define scope and deliverability.
- Direct traffic (C++), safety and equipment PLC, sensor and motion controls and simulations to implement systems within scope and budget.
- Oversee electrical designs, field installation, and system commissioning plans.
- Define and document requirements, functional standards, and system capability.
- Set and oversee functional specifications, overall system architecture and interfaces with other systems (e.g., WMS/WCS).
- Build simulation tools to support sales processes and system modeling.
- Develop scalable standards and modules to support program and company growth.
- Design system monitoring dashboards for active automation system to troubleshoot performance issues.
- Generate reporting tools to provide management with project progress status.
- Select and oversee site support team to effectively commission projects.
- Create and maintain annual departmental budget and project-by-project budgets with strong scope and cost controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field; master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years experience in material handling automation PLC programming and management.
- Expert knowledge of Scrum/Agile tools as well as C++, C#/.NET, PLC, WMS/WCS, et al.
- Robotics and AS/RS experience.
- Travel required (25%).
Our company is bringing an advanced, innovative automation product to market, and has gained a lot of traction with a diverse set of customers. If you enjoy automation, and have passion and energy, you will thrive in our start up environment. Excellent benefits and growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $180,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
Advance Storage Automation does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]**