Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Designs control systems and power distribution systems for industrial material handling solutions. Includes development of specifications, device layout drawings, control and power schematics, PLC/HMI design, and implementing solutions that deliver exceptional customer value. Works closely with the overall project team to design systems that exceed the project requirements. Uses creativity and innovation to tailor standard product offerings to meet customer needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in engineering design and project execution, preferably in the material handling industry
- Experience with Allen-Bradley controls/controllers, drives, and HMIs
- Experience with Safety control devices (light curtains, safety scanners, muting, etc.)
- Proficient in AutoCAD; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint
- Ability to handle given project assignments and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, consulting engineers, architects, and installers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to learn new technology
- Design new control systems and power distribution systems for industrial material handling systems and propose modifications to existing equipment; customizes standard designs based on customer specifications and scope documents
- Reviews customer specifications and scope documentation for quotation and clarification
- Designs system layouts, schematics, and control devices
- Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment.
- Maintains progress schedules that meet project milestones
- Prepares schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication
- Provides documentation and support for field wiring / contractors
- Experience in implementing control methodology in PLC & HMI platforms with a high level of understanding of various programming languages.
- Works closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions
- Startup, troubleshooting, and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
- Requires travel, including some extended time possibilities over weekends and holidays. Travel is variable ranging from 25% to 50% during project execution and start-up, with an overall average of approximately 35%.
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
- Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources and provides the same when working with entry level resources.
- Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
- Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
Advance Storage Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Advance Storage Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs.
**PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO [email protected]**